Eldorado Drag Contest – Rules and Requirements
The World Famous Eldorado Kabarett invites men and women and everything in between to enter as contestants in its annual Drag contest, where we will crown Miss and Mr. Eldorado on September 24th, 1929 (aka 2016) at 2pm SLT. The event will be hosted by Dora Duchamp & Hansi Sturm, with guest appearances by last year’s Miss Eldorado, FloriAnne Blaisdale and Mr. Eldorado, Sasa Steigerwald.
For this year, we will focus on authenticity in creating ensembles in the spirit of Weimar Berlin’s vibrant drag scene. We encourage you to do historical research, which you may feel free to post on this events page.
HOW TO ENTER
1. Check our Facebook Event Page where we will post historical information about Drag in Weimar Berlin: http://tinyurl.com/EldoradoDrag2-2016
2. The photo entry requirement is now optional. If you wish to enter, please send a private message to Dora Duchamp (doraduchamp) no later than Midnight Sunday September 18. Please indicate if you are using a special name to compete.
3. Contestants will be invited join the inworld group Eldorado Drag Contest.
4. All contestants will be asked to check in at the Eldorado Stage Door (behind the venue) at 1pm SLT, on 24 September “entering through the rear” stage door, as is fitting of a drag contest at the Eldorado.
5. All entrants will receive a special gift. Miss & Mr. Eldorado will each receive their choice of a specially designed woman’s dress or a man’s suit by Sonatta Morales. The final winners will also be eligible to perform with the Flapperettes in their Eldorado show on 22 October.
* Prior winners may compete, but not winners from the previous year.
* Anyone may enter (including current or past Eldorado employees) regardless of their gender(s), provided they are dressed as a gender different from their own.